We know that some of you may be experiencing a financial crunch because of the pandemic – an impact that may affect your giving to the church. We understand. We want you and your families to be taken care of. Be that as it may, we are all so used to placing our pledge in the “Sunday Offering Plate” that when we find we can’t have church as usual, we don’t know how to give our money to the Lord. The members of Grace Church are so faithful in giving of your time, talent, and treasure, that we’re sure that, as you are able, you will want an efficient way to continue to do so through this crisis when it seems everything has gone “virtual.” Here are some ways that you can continue to give of your treasure to the Lord:
- Mail a check: the address is 1200 Oatman Street, Llano, Texas 78643. The mailbox will be checked daily.
- Use Churchtrac: this is the software that we use to track our contributions, and this software has a robust Church Connect user interface. You can update your phone number(s), family information, view your giving history for the year-to-date, indicate whether you want to include your information in our directory, and even upload your photo! If you use a credit card here, there is a charge, and bank debit costs $0.25. However, it saves the step of manually entering your contribution. Use this link to get to Church Connect: https://www.churchtrac.com/connect?ui=BC83BA17
- Give your check to someone who has a key to the church. Call Jo directly if you want to use your bank's bill pay feature, and she will help you
understand what to do.
Thank you for your faithfulness.
List of Resources
Diocese of West Texas https://www.dwtx.org/resources/covid-19-resources/
Texas Health and Human Services https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/ed483ecd702b4298ab01e8b9cafc8b83
Worship and Devotional Resources in this time of facing COVID-19 Pastoral Message from the Dean of our National Cathedral in DC
Holy Eucharist March 15 from National Cathedral With Presiding Bishop Michael Curry preaching
Holy Eucharist March 22 from National Cathedral You can watch live Sunday morning at 10:15 Central
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFJE7js-4a0 Or catch the recording later
There may be some among us who are experiencing genuine fear. If so, this link is for you. It contains a fear-reducing tool from HeartMath Institute
Here’s a site where you can say daily Morning Prayer and have some music along with it.
Here’s a site from Forward Movement that offers an easy way to pray the Daily Office
Here are 5 links to a Lenten Series offered by Society of St. John the Evangelist (SSJE). The name of their series is “Five Signs of Life”
Sign of Life: Light
Sign of Life: Water
Sign of Life: Food
Sign of Life: Shelter
Sign of Life: Community
Want more from SSJE?
COVID-19 IS SPIKING IN OUR SURROUNDING COUNTIES – Llano, Gillespie, Burnet, and Blanco. The number of cases hospitalized is growing by the day in our area.
Rev. Dorothy and the Vestry have made the decision to postpone opening Grace Church for Phase 2 in-person worship. Therefore
WE WILL NOT HAVE AN IN-PERSON WORSHIP SERVICE ON JULY 5TH AS PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED
We know this will be disappointing to some and a relief to others, but this decision seems to be the wisest thing we can do based on the data that we have.
Here is the current plan:
- Coffee Hour will continue to be offered by Zoom on Sunday mornings at 11:30.
- Worship Services will continue to be pre-recorded on Wednesday mornings. Its link and the link for the liturgy booklet will be sent around prior to Sunday.
- A Zoom Bible Study will begin soon. Look for more information below.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all work our way through this unprecedented time.
Betsy Stephenson has created a message for us.
Inspirational YouTube link
Here is a link from the Society of St. John the Evangelist, to a beautiful video about the concept of community in the Body of Christ. What a wonderful video to watch during this particular Holy Week, as we are “community in isolation from each other.”
Betsy Stephenson has a Holy Week message for us
Betsy Stephenson has created a meditation message for us.
Service for Easter 2, April 19, 2020
This week we have made a video for our church service.
Please enjoy worshiping at Grace Episcopal Church. Please feel free to share with your family and friends. We would appreciate any feedback you have to enhance our worship experience during this time of stay home - stay safe.
Rev. Dorothy+, Betsy, Larry and Celieta
Service for April 19 on YouTube
Betsy Stephenson has created a new meditation message for us on 4/20/20.
This week we continue with previously prepared services, here is Easter 3, April 26, 2020
Here is the previously prepared service for Easter 4, May 3, 2020
We have the service information below for Easter 5, May 10, 2020
We continue to meet with recorded online services for Easter 6 May 17, 2020
Here is the previously prepared service for Easter 7 May 24, 2020
Join us for the Pentecost service for May 31, 2020
Here is our service for 2nd Sunday after Pentecost June 14, 2020
Please join us at home for our 3rd Sunday after Pentecost June 21, 2020
Change of plans on live service restart, here is our online service for July 5, 2020